BIG: Bloor Improvement Group is a non-profit coalition of community groups, Business Improvement Areas (BIAs), politicians, artists, schools, service providers, institutions, gardeners, small businesses, residents and neighbours coming together to advance the economic, physical, cultural and social life of the targeted local Bloor Street by creating opportunities and events that improve the atmosphere and celebrate the area.
BIG is a registered not-for-profit organization founded in 2006.
BIG ADVANCES THE ECONOMIC, PHYSICAL, CULTURAL, ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL LIFE OF THE TARGETED LOCAL BLOOR STREET BY CREATING OPPORTUNITIES AND EVENTS THAT IMPROVE AND CELEBRATE THE AREA.
BIG is a community action project to mobilize local participation by initiating creative strategies for community development. BIG represents: resident associations, BIAs, cultural producers, creative activists, social service agencies, and stakeholders of the ‘at risk’ community.
BIG EXECUTIVE 2019
Tony Palermo, Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Pointon, Secretary – email@example.com
Jeremy Fink, Treasurer – firstname.lastname@example.org
BIG ON BLOOR FESTIVAL
Darren Christopher L, Director – email@example.com
Jess Cimo, Publicist – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Vong, Production Coordinator – email@example.com
Kvesche Bijons-Ebacher, Music Curator – firstname.lastname@example.org
BIG ON BLOOR FESTIVAL AND FEATURE PROJECTS
Dyan Marie, Curator; How We Live In Cities
Carla Garnet, Curator; JOUEZ Participation/Performance Art Projects
FIGMENT Toronto, featured in Play-Fair
Michelle Senayah, Senayah Design, Card-Yard
Rotem Yaniv, PULP: Reclaimed Materials Art and Design, Card-Yard
BIG COALITION MEMBERS
- Ana Bailão, Toronto City Councillor, Ward 18
- Andrea Dawber, Green Here
- Arc Da Silva, Minister, Dovercourt Baptist Church
- Bruce Gavin Ward, DIG IN
- Marit Stiles, MPP for Davenport
- Ghazaleh Etezal, Vacantful
- Judy Land, Bloordale CIA
- Julie Dzerowicz, MP for Davenport
- Ian Anderson, New Horizons Tower
- Liza Lukashevsky, Bloordale BIA, Chair
- Meg Marshall, Bloordale BIA, Manager
- Melanie Ribau, Bloor-Gladstone Public Library
- Elizabeth D’Agostino, Managing Director, Toronto School of Art
- Renée Castonguay, Student and Events Coordinator, Toronto School of Art
- Richard Mongiat, Artist, Community Out Reach and others
Founding Co-Chairs: Dyan Marie with Adam Giambrone.
Founding members: Sheila Pin, Lynne Daley, Dyan Marie, Ann Homan with others.